Thursday, August 12, 2010

Junk Food Wars

It was snacky time in our house and Monkey was demanding food. Stat. My dear, sweet husband takes out saltine crackers to feed the Monkey.

Me: Please don't give him those. . .

Husband: What's wrong with these crackers?

Me: They have no nutritional value and we have plenty of healthy snacks.

Husband: But he likes them. (He says this as if saying, anything Monkey likes, Monkey gets. This is SO not the case.)

Me: I know he does, but we've both struggled with weight. I'd rather him eat something nutritious.

Husband says nothing and returns the saltines to the pantry. Internally, I think, "I WIN!" Wrong. Out come Pop! Chips. Really?

Me: (Dramatic sigh)

Husband: What?!

Me: (Internal eye roll and dramatic sigh) Those aren't all that nutritious, either. How about some fruit?

Husband: Fine. You get him a snack.

Me: (Righteous indignation and eye roll AND internal sigh) Okay.

Internally, I scream, "I win!" This is also the man that tried to debate with me if frozen pizza is a junk food. (P.S. I won that one, too. I mean who buys a Totino's pizza for the health factor?)

1 comment: