Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Losing my Witness. . . ?

I am not certain exactly what this phrase is supposed to mean, but I had a parent of a child with whom I work drop it in conversation today.

Conversation:

Parent: I am glad you weren't here a few minutes ago, you would have really seen me lose my temper.
Me: Oh?
Parent: Blah, blah, blah (how a government official made her angry, totally legit) and then I lost it and used a bad word and totally 'lost my witness.'
Me: Ohhh. Uncomfortable giggle.

So the moral of the story is that if you use a curse word, you lose Heaven Points? I just wanna be clear on how many points I'm losing when I let loose. Are you charged more points for pulling out the big guns of the 'f' word? Does it cost the same if you curse in a foreign language? Or what about if you substitute "dad-gummit" for God Damn (the one curse word I reallllly hate)? Same points or less?

Or maybe you only lose points if other people hear you curse, because then they won't believe in God anymore? I sincerely hope that my use of the words shit, fuck, or damn doesn't make someone believe in God less. . . . or lose faith in a higher being. . . or lose their spiritual connection to Mother Nature, whatever their belief may be. I have to live convinced that God has bigger things to worry about than combinations of letters that are made to be 'bad.' Right? Can I get a HELL yeah?

2 comments:

  1. I think you only lose Jesus Points when you say GD...the other words really are just "man-made" naughties. Jesus definitely has bigger things to worry about than shit, fuck, ass and damn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! My friends pick on me because I say "Jeezum Crow" and "Son of a Biscuit." I don't know why I do it because I definitely lose a lot of Heaven Points for "fuck" because that tends to fly when I'm mad. I guess I "lose my witness" when I get pissed. . . I'm totally going to start using that now. (or not) Haha!!!

    ReplyDelete