Monday, June 21, 2010

THAT family member

You know you have one. Everyone does. Right? If they don't, then I am totally rationalizing by sticking to it. One of my cousins, one who is THAT family member, except when I'm talking about my cousin in prison (ahhh! Did I just type that?)made a horrid comment in a public forum. Like one where people could see that I know him and that we share grandparents. (*Insert grimace here*)

Scenario:
I made an innocent comment on my other cousin, his sister's facebook, about her 19 year-old son and his kissy-face pictures, complete with girlfriend hickey. I was mostly kidding about him being too young to have a "love of his life." Funny right? Yeah, so my incredibly biggoted boy-cousin pipes up and says (and this is a direct quote):
He is 19 years old and a Marine, I think he's old enough to have a girlfriend and kiss, I would be totally distrubed if he didn't, they are first loves what do think they are going to do?
Really? Especcially since all the PC people except all the gay faggots?


I don't even know what point the last bit is supposed to make, but I do know that he used the term "gay faggots" in real life. SHEESH. How embarrassing is that? Rationally, I know that his ignorance doesn't reflect on me or make me ignorant, but I try really damned hard to be all open and accepting and stuff. Sigh.

And this is how "THAT cousin" got the label of "THAT cousin." Of course, the title was helped along by his full on, hard core make-out session on the dance floor of my weddin'. HUGH-MILL-EEE-AY-TING. Like people rushed over to me (the bride) and asked who was mugging down. Wow. Just wow.

Do you think THAT cousin deserves the term "faggot?" Yeah, I totally agree.

Everyone has THAT family member, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment